- Research a state or local government capital project (e.g., new building or structure, park improvements, road improvements, addition to a municipal building), the agency that is responsible for the project, and the operating budget for the agency.
Choose one of the following options for this assignment:
- Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word APA-formatted paper.
- Create a 12- to 16-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with speaker notes and/or narration.
- Address the following in your paper or presentation:
- Give a brief overview of the chosen government capital project and of the agency responsible (i.e., size and responsibilities).
- Explain the advantages, disadvantages, and residual effects of the project on the agency’s operating budget.
- How does the project affect the debt in the short and long term?
- How does the project affect operating expenses in the short and long term?
- Explain how the operating expense for the project differs from government debt items.
- Identify how the agency included training resources in their budget for the project. If they did not include training resources, propose how the agency could or should address training in their budget.
- Describe any evidence that the agency employed accurate reporting practices for the project. Would you suggest any differences in their approach? If accurate reporting practices are not evident, what should the agency do to ensure accurate reporting?
- Summarize your findings about the effects of the capital project on the operating budget, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Cite a minimum of 2 peer-reviewed sources.
Format your citations according to APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment.
- Center for Writing Excellence
- Reference and Citation Generator
- Grammar Assistance
- Copyright 2021 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.