The organization I would like discussed is the Roanoke City Police Dept. in Roanoke, VA.
Research and select a criminal justice organization in your community in relation to outlining a strategic planning process. Make sure you are able to access information about the organization for all the required parts of the assignment. This organization must be identified, as it will be the foundation for upcoming assignments.
Assess the public safety issues in your selected criminal justice organization as they correlate with the agency’s mission, vision, and goals.
Create a 1-page outline that details the initial steps in the strategic planning process for the selected criminal justice organization and correlating public safety issues.
Include the following in your outline:
- Relevant stakeholders and their roles
- Public safety issues/challenges
- Strategies for scanning and assessing
- Data and resources needed to address the issues/challenges
Write a 350-word paper that discusses:
- Prioritization of the issues/challenges
- Correlation between the organization’s mission, vision, and goals regarding the prioritized issues/challenges
- Goals to address the issues/challenges
Format your paper according to APA guidelines. Provide at least two scholarly references for your discussion (be wary of using sources such as Wikipedia and study.com; scholarly sources through the university’s library are preferred). I recommend you review the document under Course Resources titled, “Unacceptable Web Sources” for further guidance. This is only a guide and by no means an exhaustive list, but it will give you an idea of sources not to use. The university library is your best source of information.