“Looking at the Other Side of the Coin”
2. From the Procon.org Website, identify three (3) premises (reasons) listed under either the Pro or Con section — whichever section opposes your position.
3. For the three (3) premises (reasons) that oppose your position on the issue, answer these “believing” questions suggested by Elbow:
. What’s interesting or helpful about this view?
. What would I notice if I believed this view?
. In what sense or under what conditions might this idea be true?”
CRJ 220 – Week 2
“Choices, Values, and Ethics”
· Read the article titled “Criminal Justice Ethics for Everyone”, located at http://policelink.monster.com/education/articles/103583-criminal-justice-ethics-for-everyone .
· Next, compare and contrast the concepts of ethics coming from the top, training ethics, and controlling one’s self found in the article with that of establishing a police value system found in the text. Decide whether or not the concepts relate, and justify your position.
· Explain the concepts of intrinsic and instrumental values, and provide at least two (2) examples that illustrate how each set of values is crucial to ensure ethical law enforcement.