Case Study 2: Bullying: The Amanda Todd Story
Due Week 8, TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 27 BY MIDNIGHT and worth 130 points
Recent history illustrates that bullying is a growing problem among today’s youth in the United States. Amanda Todd, for example, was only fifteen (15) years old when she committed suicide after being bullied by her peers for over a year. Watch the video titled “Amanda Todd’s Story: Struggling, Bullying, Suicidal, Self-harm” (8 min 55 s).
Video Source: ChisVideos. (2012, October 11). Amanda Todd’s Story: Struggling, Bullying, Suicidal, Self-harm [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej7afkypUsc. ;
This video can be viewed from within your online course shell.
Use the learning from Chapter 10, the Internet, and / or Strayer Library to research articles on bullying cases that occur today.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Identify the types of bullying from the Chapter 10 reading and explain them. Then, identify at least two (2) types of bullying to which Amanda Todd was subjected to.
2. Identify at least three (3) consequences that Amanda Todd experienced as a result of being bullied, and discuss her attempts to deal with them.
3. Recommend two (2) strategies that you believe Amanda’s parents, teachers, and authorities could have used in order to reduce episodes of bullying of Amanda and thus prevent Amanda’s suicide.
4. Compare at least two (2) similarities and two (2) differences between the bullying cases that take place today with those cases that took place when you attended high school.
5. Explain the key contributing factors that you believe lead to bullying behaviors. Next, suggest at least three (3) ways in which prevention programs can reduce bullying cases overall.
6. Use the textbook and at least one (1) other quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details. Failure to use the SWS equals -10 points.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Explore the relationship of illicit drugs, gangs, and forms of delinquency.
· Explicate the types of prevention programs that are likely to work with high-risk youngsters.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in juvenile delinquency and justice.
· Write clearly and concisely about juvenile delinquency and justice using proper writing mechanics.