You have been hired by a private corrections company. The company has operated several jails but now is planning to build its first medium-security prison. Some of the company’s leaders are unclear on what their new endeavor will require, so you have been given the task of preparing a 4- to 5-page report in a Microsoft Word document addressing the following:
- Describe the key differences between operating a jail and operating a prison. Focus on the personnel requirements, training, daily tasks of the officers, etc. Apply the management concepts from this course to this section of the report.
- Identify the other organizations, both inside and outside the criminal justice system, that the facility will need to interact with (and how) in order to perform its key functions.
- Discuss the key functions that will need to be performed in the prison. For example, the facility will need to provide medical care and meals for the inmates.
- Explain the unique supervisory challenges that will exist in a prison. What types of employee misbehavior are possible, and how can management guard against them?
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources using the APA format on a separate page.
- Name your report SU_CRJ3005_W5_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit it to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.