Write a 3–4 page paper in which you:
- Explain what the USA Patriot Act stands for and discuss its primary purpose.
- Summarize an article about a recent example of a hate crime on the Internet and include why it was a hate crime, the characteristics that made it a hate crime, and how the police and court responded to the hate crime.
- Compare the characteristics of intelligence and investigation and describe how the information from each is used.
- Use the Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to locate at least three quality references for this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Summarize the primary purpose of the USA Patriot Act, examples and responses of hate crimes, and characteristics of intelligence and investigation.